"We are humbled to be one of just 64 restaurants in the U.S. to receive a Five-Diamond rating in 2016, especially as the only restaurant in Ohio to secure this honor,” Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Managing Director Matthew Coffey says. "Todd Kelly, executive chef and food and beverage director, and his team were working for the AAA Five-Diamond Award again as a strategic benchmark for 2016, which makes the accomplishment that much more rewarding for all of us here at the Netherland Plaza.”
Chef Kelly adds, "It’s just so incredible to be in the company of the best of the best in the country, and for our team here at the Netherland Plaza to receive this prestigious acknowledgement for the hard work we’re doing.”
AAA and its team of designated field inspectors evaluate thousands of lodging & dining establishments each year and assign an overall rating of one to five diamonds. Five-Diamond establishments are renowned for world-class experiences with cutting edge menus and unique food preparation by a highly acclaimed chef with a maître d’ leading an unobtrusive expert service staff. Only 0.3% of the 30,000 restaurants receive Five-Diamond. The rating will be indicated with the hotel and restaurant's listings in the 2016-2017 AAA TourBook—a series of travel information guides published for AAA's more than 55 million members.
About Orchids at Palm Court and Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza
Orchids at Palm Court is one of The Restaurants at Palm Court, which also includes The Bar at Palm Court and The Grille at Palm Court. The restaurant features rare Brazilian rosewood walls with German silver-nickel metalwork and lighting fixtures. The two-story ceiling features large Romanesque murals and on the north end of the restaurant is an original Rookwood Pottery fountain flanked by two large Rookwood seahorses, all of which illustrates some of the finest French Art Deco in the world.
Orchids at Palm Court has received the following accolades:
• OpenTable has named Orchids “One of the Top 100 Best Restaurants” for five consecutive years including 2014’s raking as No. 7 Best in the U.S.
• Executive Chef Todd Kelly was named the American Culinary Federation's U.S.A. Chef of the Year, the highest honor given by the national organization comprising 20,000 chefs
• Hilton Hotels & Resorts No. 1 Food and Beverage Hotel in the U.S. for five of the last six years
• Hilton Hotels & Resorts “Award of Excellence” winner – given to the top five performing hotels, 2015
• Forbes rated Orchids at Palm Court “Four Stars” for 2013, 2014 and 2015
Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza and Orchids at Palm Court are located at 35 West Fifth Street, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202. For more information or reservations, call the hotel directly at 513-421-9100 or visit our website at www.cincinnatinetherlandplaza.hilton.com or www.orchidsatpalmcourt.com.