Monday, December 17, 2007

Denise Austin Shares Tips & Recipes for a Healthy 2008

On January 1, millions of Americans make a host of resolutions to lose weight and get healthy during the New Year. Making – and breaking – the resolution to be healthier becomes too easy as everyday life gets in the way.
Fitness expert and health-guru Denise Austin has teamed with Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN) to make keeping your resolution just a little easier this year with a series of tips, tools and techniques that are designed to maintain your resolutions all year long. Tyson® healthy, fully cooked refrigerated or frozen chicken and steak strips with small changes in everyday life are the perfect pairing to get you started and keep you going on your 2008 goals.
Providing families with nutritious recipes is just one step towards creating a healthy lifestyle. Exercise is another key component to keeping weight off, hearts healthy and joints working. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, adults 18 and older need 30 minutes of physical activity five or more days per week, while children and teens need 60 minutes of activity a day.
To make that physical activity just a little easier, Tyson is giving consumers a free Denise Austin workout DVD to every person who buys Tyson recipe-ready meats during the month of January*. In addition, here are some of Denise's quick tips to get you on the path towards healthy living.
Moderation is key: Balanced food choices will put you on the path to success. Including Tyson recipe-ready chicken or steak in one or two meals a week will help cut down on fast food eating, and giving your family new and healthy meals to try. Try eating well 80 percent of the time and treating yourself the other 20 percent.

Mix it up: Don't get stuck in the rut of eating high-calorie foods for convenience sake. Tyson recipe-ready chicken or steak allows you to prepare a fast meal that is both tasty and good for you. Chicken or steak strips on a salad, in pasta, or even inside a wrap make a great, high-protein lunch, dinner or snack.

Curb snacking: Try putting an 8 p.m. curfew on your kitchen or brush your teeth after dinner to help keep temptation at bay and put a mental cutoff on eating plans for the evening.

Make it convenient: Even if you don't hit the gym every day, make exercise interesting by making walking dates with friends, or even just finding reasons to get up from your desk at work and move around.

Get in a routine: Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, giving yourself eight hours of sleep for maximum energy. And make sure to start your day with a healthy breakfast; studies reveal that skipping meals can actually lead to overeating and weight gain.
"Tyson recipe-ready chicken or steak strips are excellent in salad toppers, fajitas, sandwiches, wraps, or even just as a mid-day, high protein snack to curb hunger and keep you satisfied until your next meal," said Austin. "A great source of lean protein, Tyson products and recipes are ideal for quick, tasty and healthy options for families on the go."
With Tyson and Denise Austin, you can learn how easy it is to make small changes that add up in a big way to help meet your New Year's resolution to become a healthier new you. To learn more about healthy living and for tips and for healthy, easy and quick recipes, please visit
* DVD is free with $3.99 shipping and handling. Offer good for purchases of Tyson fully cooked refrigerated and frozen chicken and steak strips or shelf stable chicken products.
About Tyson Foods, Inc.
Tyson Foods, Inc. [NYSE: TSN], founded in 1935 with headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas, is the world's largest processor and marketer of chicken, beef, and pork, the second-largest food production company in the Fortune 500 and a member of the S&P 500. The company produces a wide variety of protein-based and prepared food products and is the recognized market leader in the retail and foodservice markets it serves. Tyson provides products and service to customers throughout the United States and more than 80 countries. The company has approximately 104,000 Team Members employed at more than 300 facilities and offices in the United States and around the world. Through its Core Values, Code of Conduct and Team Member Bill of Rights, Tyson strives to operate with integrity and trust and is committed to creating value for its shareholders, customers and Team Members. The company also strives to be faith-friendly, provide a safe work environment and serve as stewards of the animals, land and environment entrusted to it.

No comments: